I offer all new clients a free 20-minute consultation via phone or skype for two reasons. The first reason is to determine if you and I will be able to work together to help you meet your goals. The second reason is for you to ask questions.
Initial consultation is 1 hour and 15 minutes: $145.00
Individual sessions are 50 minutes: $140.00
Teletherapy is charged at the same rates as above.
I am a contracted provider with Coastal Communities Physician Network (CCPN).
Insurance benefits have become quite complex. Standard practice is for you to call your insurance company and determine eligibility. If I am not an in-network provider for your insurance, then you would pay me directly. I provide a statement that you file with your insurance to claim reimbursement. You may have out-of-network benefits which will reimburse you for a portion of the cost. To access whether your insurance covers my services, contact your insurance company and ask the following questions:
• Do I have mental health benefits?
• What is my annual deductible, and has it been met?
• Is my mental health services deductible separate from the deductible covering physical health?
• How many psychotherapy sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
• How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
• Do you offer a single case agreement? This is an agreement between the insurance company and myself if I am not a contracted provider for your insurance. Your insurance company would agree to contract as if I was a contracted provider for your specific situation.
Patients are responsible for any costs that insurance does not pay. Late cancellations and NO SHOW visits are not covered by insurance and patients will be billed for the entire allowable cost of the missed session.
Co-payments are due at the time of visit.
Sometimes an insurance company will state that Dr. Matoff is taking new patient with your insurance. This is not always the case.
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
If your company offers a medical flexible spending account (FSA) or a health savings account (HSA), you might consider using it to minimize your actual out-of-pocket cost. These kinds of accounts allow you to use pre-tax dollars for medical deductibles and co-pays, including mental health services such as psychotherapy.
Method of Payment: Cash, check, or all major credit cards